ACHE's Policy Statements
The field of healthcare management is complex and constantly changing. Many issues are a matter of public concern. ACHE develops policy statements to provide ACHE's position on certain healthcare issues. These policy statements are also tools to help guide you and your organization in maintaining best practices in healthcare management.
ACHE's Policy Statements originate from member and staff suggestions and are drafted at the committee level. The Board Policy Committee then reviews the statements before they are brought before the Board of Governors for final approval. Once a new or revised Statement has been approved by the Board, it is made available to all members in Healthcare Executive magazine.
We hope these Statements, which are regularly reviewed and updated, are helpful as you advance in your career and address increasingly complex and challenging issues.
- Access to Affordable Healthcare
- Adopting a Systematic Approach to Bringing Healthcare Executives Into a New Position or Organization
- Appropriate Preparation for Healthcare Executive Management Positions for All New Entrants to the Field
- Board Certification in Healthcare Management
- Considerations for Healthcare Executive-Supplier Interactions
- Considering the Value of Older, Experienced Healthcare Executives
- Evaluating the Performance of the Hospital or Health System CEO
- Healthcare Executives' Responsibility to Their Communities
- Healthcare Executives' Role in Emergency Preparedness
- The Healthcare Executive's Role in Ensuring Quality and Patient Safety
- The Healthcare Executive's Role in Fostering Inclusion of LGBT Patients and Employees
- Increasing and Sustaining Racial/Ethnic Diversity in Healthcare Management
- Lifelong Learning and the Healthcare Executive
- Organ/Tissue/Blood/Blood Stem Cells Donation Process
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Abuse: Inappropriate and Disruptive Behavior
- Responsibility for Mentoring
- The Role of the Healthcare Executive in a Change in Organizational Ownership or Control
- Strengthening Healthcare Employment Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
- Terms of Employment for Healthcare Executives