Fellow Requirements at a Glance
Become a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and earn the distinction of board certification in healthcare management!
Start the process by submitting an application.* You do not have to meet all of the requirements below (such as three years of ACHE tenure or five years of healthcare management experience) to be eligible to submit an application. Once your application is approved, we will notify you that you can take the Board of Governors Exam. You will receive an Exam registration form with testing center information. Your advancement to FACHE status is complete after you pass the Exam and meet all the requirements.
Summary of requirements to earn the FACHE Credential
Submitting a Fellow Application
- Be a Member of ACHE
- Hold a Master's or other advanced degree
- Hold a healthcare management position and have a minimum of two years of healthcare management experience
- Three references from current Fellows (one of which must be a structured interview)
- Provide a copy of your current job description, organizational chart, and resume
Completing the Fellow Requirements*
- Have a minimum of five years of healthcare management experience (as noted above two years is required to submit a Fellow application)
- 36 hours of Healthcare Management Continuing Education credit earned during the three years preceding becoming a Fellow; 12 hours must be ACHE Face-to-Face Education
- Participation in two healthcare related and two community/civic activities within the past three years
- Pass the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management
- Have three years of ACHE membership tenure
* Your Fellow application will remain valid for three years. You can use these three years to meet any requirements.