Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Master's degree or other post-baccalaureate degree
- Minimum management experience:
- Senior-Level Careerists—10 years post degree for admittance into Senior Executive Program
- Mid-Careerists—5 years post degree for admittance into Executive Program
- Currently employed by a hospital, health system or other healthcare organization with strong potential for moving into the C-suite
All applicants must complete the online application. Requirements include:
- A personal statement
- Letter of support from CEO or board chair which includes completion of attestation form
- Current resume
- Commitment to attend all program sessions
- Commitment to pay all travel and hotel expenses related to the program through current employer and/or personally
- Ongoing engagement with assigned mentor for the duration of the program
Applications will be accepted between May 1, 2014, and July 1, 2014. Scholars will be notified of their selection by October 23, 2014.
Please direct any questions about the Thomas C. Dolan Executive Diversity Program to Jennifer L. Connelly, CAE at email@example.com or (312) 424-9328.
Provide a personal statement, between 250-500 words, supporting your selection for this program. Please address each of these points in your statement:
Describe how your personal diversity is reflected in ACHE's Statement on Diversity. Based on this personal diversity, describe what barriers have you faced in achieving your career goals and how participation in this program help you overcome these barriers. How will participation in this program further advancement opportunities within your current organization and/or position you to meet your career goals?
Letter of Support and Attestation Form:
The following items must be completed by the applicant's CEO or board chair:
- Letter of Support: A letter between 250-500 words, highlighting your organization's plans for developing and advancing your role within the organization and how participation in this program contributes to this plan.
- Letter of Support Form: A form that confirms the commitment of the organization to pay all travel and lodging expenses as well as support for time off to attend all program events.
Letter of Support Form (PDF)
ACHE Statement on Diversity
As the professional membership society for healthcare executives, the American College of Healthcare Executives embraces diversity within the healthcare management field and recognizes that priority as both an ethical and business imperative. ACHE values diversity and initiatives that promote diversity because they can improve the quality of the organization's workforce. ACHE also values and actively promotes diversity in its leaders, members, and staff because diverse participation can serve as a catalyst for improved decision making, increased productivity, and a competitive advantage.
Further, ACHE works to foster an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions and supports the advancement of all, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability because an inclusive environment can enhance the quality of healthcare, improve hospital/community relations, and positively affect the health status of society. This priority is reflected in ACHE's various activities and initiatives.