Job Opportunities at ACHESeptember 23, 2014
ACHE currently has the following job openings:
- Senior Editor, Health Administration Press
- Editor-In-Chief & Content Manager, Communications and Marketing
- Administrative Assistant, Communications and Marketing
To apply, please fax or send a resume indicating position of interest to:
Larry L. Robertson, Director of Human Resources
American College of Healthcare Executives
One North Franklin Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60606
Phone: (312) 424-9341
The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) is an international professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. ACHE offers its prestigious FACHE® credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management. ACHE's established network of more than 80 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. The Foundation of ACHE was established to further advance healthcare management excellence through education and research. It is known for its educational programs—including the annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which draws more than 4,000 participants—and groundbreaking research.
To be the premier professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to
To advance our members and healthcare managmement excellence.
Programs, Products, and Services
- Educational Programs: ACHE produces more than 40 educational offerings on todays most pertinent issues in healthcare management. These programs are offered in the form of seminars, conferences, online programs, audio conferences, and on-location programs. ACHEs largest educational event is the annual Congress on Healthcare Managementthe premier educational and networking event for healthcare executives.
- Publications: ACHE is committed to providing high-quality publications on all aspects of healthcare management. The Journal of Healthcare Management, as well as other journals and books from its publishing division, Health Administration Press, keep healthcare executives up-to-date on the latest healthcare issues, challenges, and opportunities to help advance their careers and assist their organizations in maintaining a leading edge. ACHE also publishes a bimonthly magazine, Healthcare Executive, and monographs of research efforts providing insight into the latest trends occurring in the healthcare field.
- Career Management Resources: ACHEs Healthcare Executive Career Resource Center offers comprehensive career services, including leadership assessment tools, career development programs and resources, and personalized career planning assistance. ACHE also offers an online job and resume bank for its members.
- Credentialing Programs: Membership in ACHE translates into a commitment to the highest standards in the profession of healthcare management and advancing excellence in healthcare delivery. Earning the distinction of board certification in healthcare management as a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE®) demonstrates your professionalism, ethical decision making, competence, leadership and commitment to lifelong learning. Learn more about the complete requirements and apply at ache.org/FACHE.
- Communications & Marketing
- Executive Office
- Finance and Administration
- Health Administration Press
- Management Information Systems
- Member Services
- Professional Development
- Regional Services
Standards of Excellence for Staff
Staff are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of service. We strive to exceed the expectations of our members and co-workers by embracing the following standards of excellence.
We do our work right the first time and continually look for ways to improve.
We perform our jobs in an ethical manner through our decisions, practices and behaviors.
We maintain a diverse culture that respects the skills, viewpoints, characteristics, experiences and backgrounds of our members and co-workers.
We hold ourselves accountable and take ownership of our work and behavior.
We promptly respond to our members and co-workers while meeting all deadlines.
We demonstrate behavior that reflects well on the organization through our actions, appearance and attitude.
We collaborate to get the job done and to bring out the best in each other and the organization.
We search for better ways to anticipate and respond to our members’ and co-workers’ needs, add value and create new opportunities.
We manage our resources wisely and efficiently.
We enhance our knowledge and skills while supporting our co-workers’ development efforts.
Commitment to these standards of excellence enhances service to our members, improves productivity, unifies the staff and promotes individual growth.
Commitment to Diversity
As a co-founder of the Institute for Diversity in Health Management, ACHE has demonstrated its commitment to workplace diversity. The Institute works to increase the number of diverse professionals in health services administration and to improve opportunities for professionals already in the healthcare field. ACHE also exhibits a commitment to diversity through its Statement on Diversity, publications, educational programs, research and recruiting efforts. In addition, ACHE sponsors a Diversity Summer Internship and conducts ongoing diversity programming and events for staff.
ACHE is located in downtown Chicago, Ill. (the Loop), and is within walking distance of all forms of public transportation.
ACHE offers a stable, professional work environment and beautiful offices in Chicagos Loop. Employees have access to the latest technology and are given all the resources necessary to perform their jobs. The normal workweek is 37.5 hours, Monday through Friday, on flexible time shifts between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Size of Staff: 102
ACHE offers the following types of benefits to all full-time employees:
- Choice of two types of health and dental insurance plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that combines all time off, whether it is for vacation, personal time, a doctors appointment, family emergency, bereavement leave, or an occasional illness (New employees accrue 18 days per year.)
- 10 holidays each year
- Term life insurance coverage
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan and retirement contribution
- Staff Incentive Compensation Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Adoption assistance
- Professional Development Award
- Service Award
- Employee Achievement Award
- Business travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance: ACHE offers tuition reimbursement to a maximum of $5,250 per calendar year for courses leading to a baccalaureate or advanced degree. Employees are eligible after 6 months of continuous service.
- Professional Development: ACHE encourages employees to enroll in special courses of study, such as seminars and workshops that will enhance their job performance. ACHE also provides internal staff development opportunities on an ongoing basis.