In 2009, ACHE became one of the Pioneer Signatories of the Global Principles for Socially Responsible Associations and Nonprofits sponsored by ASAE.
The six voluntary principles cover:
1. Responsible advocacy in a manner consistent with the general public good.
2. Environmental and Economic Sustainability encouraging the development and implementation of environmentally responsible technologies and practices.
3. Public Protection through:
- Adherence to ethical standards and practices
- Self regulation through effective programs of certification
- Support of human rights internationally and freedom of association, collective activity and speech
4. Diversity through inclusive participation within the profession and promotion of expanded access to opportunity.
5. Philanthropy/Community Service by giving back to the larger community.
6. Leadership by developing socially responsible leaders and through organizational practices demonstrating these principles.