Educational Programs Offered Through the Fund
Donations to the Fund are also used to establish educational programs that promote or build awareness around key areas of focus designated by the Fund. In 2014, through generous donor contributions, the Fund supported two compelling education programs.
"The Journey to Value-Based Care for Population Health: Sharing, Scaling and Replicating to Accelerate Results" was held Aug. 11 during a half-day session in conjunction with the Washington, D.C., Cluster. Keynote speaker Stephanie S. McCutcheon, FACHE, discussed the importance of innovative reform models that deliver exceptional results for organizations switching from integrated delivery to population health. McCutcheon shared the successful, value-based care journey and innovation/transformation models that accelerated change in four healthcare organizations focused on engaging their employees and communities in a culture of health. A panel of healthcare leaders also revealed best practices, challenges and critical success factors for population health management.
"Ethical Leadership in Uncertain Times," the Fund's second 2014 offering, took place Oct. 28 in conjunction with the Salt Lake City Cluster. The half-day session, led by Jack Gilbert, EdD, FACHE, focused on the challenges organizations face in upholding ethics and values every day, especially during this time of fundamental change and uncertainty. Gilbert shared practical ways healthcare leaders can address the ethical dilemmas they encounter on a daily basis. A group of healthcare leaders shared their experiences and participated as discussion leaders on a variety of topics related to ethics.
The Fund continues to be an important resource for high-caliber programming. It is only through your support that we can develop future programs. For more information, contact Tim Tlusty, vice president, Development, at (312) 424-9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some ACHE Executive Program scholarships are underwritten in part by Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
Programs qualify for ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits.
Read About The Fund's Other Programs:
- “Palliative Care: Impact on Quality and Cost” by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2013 (PDF)
- “The Ethics of Mission and Margin” by Nicole D. Voges; Healthcare Executive, September/October 2012 (PDF)
- "Accountable Care and Patient-Centered Medical Homes: Steps to Creating Value-Based Healthcare" by John M. Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2012 (PDF)
- "Ethical Challenges and Responsibilities of Leaders" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2012 (PDF)
- "Ethical Wisdom: Doing the Right Thing, Every Day, Everywhere in the Organization" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2011 (PDF)
- "The Digital Medical Revolution in Healthcare" by John M. Buell; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2011 (PDF)
- "Best Practices for Applying Social Media" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2010 (PDF)
- "Creating a Culture of Accountability," by Lisa M. Freund; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2010 (PDF)
- "Ethics and Leadership," by John Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2009 (PDF)
- "Looking Out for Inspiration: What Healthcare Can Learn About Green From Other Industries," by John Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2009 (PDF)
Please contact Timothy R. Tlusty, vice president, Development, at (312) 424-9305 or email@example.com, for more information.