Educational Programs Offered Through the Fund
Donations to the Fund are also used to establish educational programs that promote or build awareness around key areas of focus designated by the Fund. This year, ACHEs Fund for Innovation in Healthcare Leadership is presenting the two educational programs to prepare leaders for the changing healthcare environment. The first, "The Journey to Value-Based Care for Population Health: Sharing, Scaling and Replicating to Accelerate Results," was held on Aug. 11 in conjunction with the Washington, D.C., Cluster. The second program is as follows.
“Ethical Leadership in Uncertain Times”
Tuesday, October 28
8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
In conjunction with the Salt Lake City Cluster
Sustaining and strengthening a focus on doing the right thing every day, everywhere is an enduring challenge for even the most ethical organizations. It is a challenge made even more difficult as stress and uncertainty mount in this time of fundamental change and uncertainty.
Jack Gilbert, EdD, FACHE, will lead this proactive half-day session exploring effective, intentional and practical ways healthcare leaders can address the ethical dilemmas they encounter. A selected group of healthcare leaders will share their experiences with ethical challenges while serving as discussion leaders on topics including: how organizational ethics are created and eroded; the link between ethical decision making and organizational performance; and institutionalizing ethical wisdom. Learn more and register at ache.org/Ethics.
Some ACHE Executive Program scholarships are underwritten in part by Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
Programs qualify for ACHE Face-to-Face Education credits.
Read About The Fund's Other Programs:
- “Palliative Care: Impact on Quality and Cost” by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2013 (PDF)
- “The Ethics of Mission and Margin” by Nicole D. Voges; Healthcare Executive, September/October 2012 (PDF)
- "Accountable Care and Patient-Centered Medical Homes: Steps to Creating Value-Based Healthcare" by John M. Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2012 (PDF)
- "Ethical Challenges and Responsibilities of Leaders" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2012 (PDF)
- "Ethical Wisdom: Doing the Right Thing, Every Day, Everywhere in the Organization" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2011 (PDF)
- "The Digital Medical Revolution in Healthcare" by John M. Buell; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2011 (PDF)
- "Best Practices for Applying Social Media" by Jessica D. Squazzo; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2010 (PDF)
- "Creating a Culture of Accountability," by Lisa M. Freund; Healthcare Executive, January/February 2010 (PDF)
- "Ethics and Leadership," by John Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2009 (PDF)
- "Looking Out for Inspiration: What Healthcare Can Learn About Green From Other Industries," by John Buell; Healthcare Executive, May/June 2009 (PDF)
Please contact Timothy R. Tlusty, vice president, Development, at (312) 424-9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.