Forum on Advances in Healthcare Management Research
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
2016 Congress on Healthcare Leadership
The American College of Healthcare Executives would like to invite authors to submit proposals for presentation to the eighth annual Forum on Advances in Healthcare Management Research. This session will take place during ACHE's Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which will be held from March 14–17, 2016.
The senior author of the selected proposal (or designate) will receive a complimentary registration to Congress. (Travel and related expenses will not be reimbursed.)
Presentations for the Forum are intended to be reports of theoretical and/or empirical research by faculty, researchers and practitioners in the field with the potential for high impact on healthcare management. Proposals for the Forum should contain a maximum of 400 words. All proposals will be reviewed by a committee composed of practitioners and academics. The evaluation criteria and required proposal format are as follows:
- Relevance. The proposal should address an important research area within the healthcare management field.
- Utility. The proposal should demonstrate how the key methods or findings from the research could be adopted by a health provider.
- Scope of Interest. Papers of broad interest to practitioners in diverse settings are preferred.
- Cogency. The proposal should be well organized, easy to read and offer clear managerial implications.
Required Proposal format. Your proposal should contain the following sections:
- Objective. Your proposal should state the issue your research addresses and your specific research questions.
- Methods. Please give a summary of your methods including sample sizes.
- Key findings. Please include a summary of your key findings.
- Relevance. Please highlight the relevance of your research to the healthcare management field.
- Managerial Implications. Please describe how key methods or findings from your research could be used by healthcare providers in diverse settings.
The following is the timeline for proposal submissions and presentation at the Forum:
- July 7, 2015: Proposal submission due date
- August 21, 2015: Final decision on proposals
- March 16, 2015: Forum presentation
Proposals should be submitted as an email attachment to Leslie Athey, Director, Research at email@example.com. Please ensure that the full proposal is contained in one file.
Presenting at Congress does not preclude you publishing your work in other forums. By submitting an abstract to the American College of Healthcare Executives (“ACHE”), you are guaranteeing to ACHE a royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual license to use, reproduce, post, publish and distribute your abstract, in whole or in part, in any way in the future, with appropriate attribution to you.
For more information about the 2016 Congress on Healthcare Leadership, contact the Customer Service Center at (312) 424-9400.