ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Advice after Undergrad

Last post 08-31-2012, 4:40 PM by MBroscio. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-31-2012, 1:40 AM 9786

Advice after Undergrad

I recently graduated with a BS in Health Science-Healthcare management and I'm new to ACHE-HCE and I enjoy the early careerist events. With having no healthcare experience what entry level posotions can I search for?
  •  08-31-2012, 4:40 PM 9792 in reply to 9786

Re: Advice after Undergrad

There is no simple answer to your question, but there are some things you can do to improve your chances of career advancement. As you probably know, a Masters Degree in a healthcare related area will probably be needed if you aspire for a higer level position in the field. Short of that, ACHE programs will certainly help.  In addition to accessing resources on our website, try to connect with your local ACHE Chapter for programs, newtorking and other resources.

As far as entry level jobs, you will probably need to be flexible on where you begin.  It may not be in your desired setting or may be a job that does not require a degree, but right now, gaining some experience for your resume is the key. Refer to our website as there are several articles about career options under the Student and Early Careerists tab as well as checking out healthmanagementcareers.org for some ideas on job titles and career paths. Consider internships as well.  Preferably paid internships, but in some cases, volunteering might at least get you foot in the door.  And finally, network, network, network.  Several networking resources are on our site.  Mike Broscio - ACHE  Career Services.

View as RSS news feed in XML