ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

How do I see if I can get a scholarship to go to one of the clusters?

Last post 06-08-2012, 8:53 AM by admin. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2012, 2:19 PM 9762

How do I see if I can get a scholarship to go to one of the clusters?

Hi! I am a new member in ACHE. I just graduated in May with my MBA Health Care Management. Right now I am working on trying to advance in my career while at the same time trying to be very active in ACHE. I read in one of our magazines that ACHE offers scholarships to some members to cover the tuition of the clusters. I am VERY interested in going to the Leadership Development Program, I think it is in November in Rosemont, IL. I was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance on how I can apply for the scholarships. Right now, my current position does not allow me to be able to afford it. Thank you!!
  •  06-04-2012, 2:31 PM 9764 in reply to 9762

Re: How do I see if I can get a scholarship to go to one of the clusters?

Please email me with any information you might have! I'd really appreciate it! Thank you! Chrissyhefter32@gmail.com
  •  06-08-2012, 8:53 AM 9768 in reply to 9764

Re: How do I see if I can get a scholarship to go to one of the clusters?

Chrissy, I believe this is the information you are looking for. I will also email it to you directly:

ACHE Tuition Waiver Assistance Program

To reduce the economic barriers to ACHE educational programming for ACHE members experiencing economic hardship, ACHE has established the Tuition Waiver Assistance Program.

ACHE makes available a limited number of tuition waivers to ACHE Members and Fellows whose organizations lack the resources to fund their tuition for education programs. Members and Fellows in career transition are also encouraged to apply. Tuition waivers are based on financial need and are available for the following ACHE education programs:

• Congress on Healthcare Leadership
    • Cluster Seminars
    • Self-Study Courses
    • Online Education Programs
    • Online Tutorial (Board of Governors Exam preparation)
    • ACHE Board of Governors Exam Review Course

The following documents are needed for consideration to receive an ACHE tuition waiver:

• A detailed personal statement explaining your financial need for tuition assistance and how you, your organization and your community will benefit from your participation in an ACHE education program. In this statement include your name, title, and the name and a brief description of your organization, including size, scope of services, population served and tax status.
    • A detailed resume.
    • A letter of support from your organization's CEO or other senior executive endorsing your application to receive an ACHE tuition waiver. Applicants in transition must have a letter of support from a professional contact who can speak to the applicant's commitment to the profession. Please be aware that the waiver recipient and/or the recipient's organization will provide for all travel expenses, if applicable.
    • A completed disclosure form.

Note: ACHE will ask each applicant's Regent for a recommendation.

Please email your application documents to contact@ache.org with "Attention ACHE Tuition Waiver Assistance Committee" in the subject line.

If you have questions about the program, please contact Teri Somrak, associate director, Division of Professional Development, at (312) 424-9354 or tsomrak@ache.org.

All requests are due no less than eight weeks before the program date, except for ACHE self-study courses; see quarterly application deadlines. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.

Recipients will be notified of the waiver review panel's decision not less than six weeks before the program date. For ACHE self-study courses, applicants will be notified three weeks after the quarterly application deadline.

If offered a waiver, applicants will have one week to accept the award.

The following restrictions apply to all waiver requests:

• ACHE Members and Fellows are eligible for only one tuition waiver within a three-year period.
    • Tuition waivers are awarded for a specific program to a specific individual and may not be transferred to another individual or used for another program.

http://www.ache.org/apps/scholarship_new/index.cfm?meet=tuitionwaiver

View as RSS news feed in XML