ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

How does one postion themselves at this stage in your career?

Last post 06-05-2008, 7:22 PM by JNocero. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2008, 2:44 PM 7290

How does one postion themselves at this stage in your career?

Hello,

I graduated with my Masters in Health Services Administration in '06. Currently, I'm working in the healthcare industry but not in a managerial position. I'm concerned about not getting the experience needed in order to qualify for postions requiring my educational background. I'm okay with working my way up the ladder because it'll aid in getting the much needed professional development for future executive positions.

I'm reaching out to the boards in hopes that someone can give me a little direction. I joined ACHE as a student knowing that it would be best to be involved with a professional organization. I want to go to seminars and lectures, but it seems like all the ones offered are way to advanced for me. I don't hold a position in management, so I'm unsure if these conferences will benefit me right now. Does anyone know how to go about getting the professional development that I need at my career level? I thought about the local chapter in GA, but all I've come across is the chapter in Atlanta, GA (which is over 2 hours a way from me). Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

•  06-05-2008, 7:22 PM 7486 in reply to 7290

Re: How does one postion themselves at this stage in your career?

Have you tried asking your current supervisor for more managerial-type responsibility? Maybe a local conference would work best for you now before you go to the bigger, advanced ones, as you say?

-JRN 

View as RSS news feed in XML