ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Career change

Last post 01-31-2008, 1:06 PM by SGrandjean. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-16-2008, 4:26 PM 6758

Career change

I have been a Nursing Home Administrator for three years. I recently finished my MHA degree and I am looking to transition into hospital administration. What positions will I best qualify for with my existing healthcare administration experience?
  •  01-31-2008, 1:06 PM 6900 in reply to 6758

Re: Career change

I see from your work history that you spent time on active duty as a physical therapy assistant.  I'm not too familiar with Webster University's degree requirements.  Did they afford an internship or residency opportunity?  Think about what you like and don't like, based upon your past experiences.  Floresville isn't too far from San Antonio...if you're not active in the local chapter (I'm a past-president of the South Texas Chapter), please get in touch with them and do some networking.  Jon Hilsabeck, FACHE, a former ACHE regent and former VP at the Texas Hospital Association started the Healthcare Executive Network a number of years ago.  It is a group of 'friends helping friends,' and routinely meets at the Oasis on Lake Travis in Austin on a quarterly basis.  I've been too many times to count on both hands over the last ten years and routinely came away with a new perspective on the topic of the day.  If you decide to attend, grab a stack of business cards and copies of your resume.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.  Good luck!

Scott

Scott J. Grandjean, FACHE
    Consultant & Principal
    Lakeside Healthcare Strategies, LLC
    Dallas, TX
View as RSS news feed in XML