ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums

Advice or suggestion for acquiring job in healthcare administration field

•  03-01-2012, 1:15 PM

Advice or suggestion for acquiring job in healthcare administration field

I would be graduating this May 2012 with MPA (Health Services Administration) from FDU Teaneck, NJ. I am looking for some kind of admin. internship or residency/fellowship or entry level job in the filed of healthcare administration. I hold the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery  from India with one year of compulsory rotating internship (6 years) in various medical departments like medicine, surgery, obs.-gynec, pediatrics, ENT, opthalmology, psychiatry, preventive and social medicine, rural and urban health departments etc. I also have one year of professional experince working as a physician in both corporate and government hospitals.

Please help me with some suggestions or advice in getting an admin. internship or residency/fellowship entry level job in healthcare administration field. Since being an international student on F-1 visa, I need H-1 visa sponsor from the employer to get permission from USCIS for working here in USA. But I can work full-time for 12 months without any sponsorship as Optional Practical Training (OPT), which starts after I graduate. Please provide some suggestions or direction to get some in-field experience.

Thank You

Krunal Mevada 

View Complete Thread