ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Career Development

Last post 12-02-2013, 2:31 PM by EGarcia. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-02-2013, 2:31 PM 9864

Career Development

Hello Fellow Members –

I am currently a registered respiratory therapist who has worked at a children’s hospital for the past 15 years. I graduated in January of this year with a MBA with an emphasis in Health Systems Management and am currently studying for the CPHQ certification.  I hope to take the FACHE boards as soon as I satisfy the 3 years requirements as a member of American College of Healthcare Executives. My work experience include 17 years as a clinician with all patient populations in all critical care settings and approximately 5 years in management as a respiratory night supervisor for the entire children’s hospital. Since graduation I have been presenting myself as a viable candidate for an entry-level position - to no avail.

I am trying to transition into administration by leveraging my current skills, experience, and education into a position for patient safety and quality.  I have a long-term goal of being a COO. I have had non-healthcare opportunities presented to me but I am simply not interested. My passion lies with the healthcare industry.

My hope with this posting is that some or one of you may provide me with some sound advice to get my career going as a healthcare administrator. I am both an educator and student in life and look forward to your suggestions.

Best regards,

Tony Garcia

View as RSS news feed in XML