ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

3. ACHE Membership Benefits

Last post 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM by TFlowers. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-31-2012, 11:06 AM 9789

3. ACHE Membership Benefits

As a Student Associate of ACHE, what are the membership benefits that are most valuable to you?
  •  09-07-2012, 11:53 AM 9795 in reply to 9789

Re: 3. ACHE Membership Benefits

Networking has obviously been the biggest membership benefit with ACHE. Most of the healthcare professionals who comprise ACHE seem to be quite eager to connect with, and prompt involvement from students. This enthusiasm and openness makes those professional titles a little less intimidating, and exemplifies how easy it can be to make crucial connections for future benefit.

Callan Slifka

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

B.S. Healthcare Administration

•  09-09-2012, 4:34 PM 9798 in reply to 9789

I also feel that networking is an important benefit of ACHE. As I mentioned in the previous question, I believe that regional networking functions for young professionals would be beneficial. Also, I like the discounted ACHE student rates to attend Congress in the spring. Finally, the Healthcare Executive magazine does a great job to assist students at raising awareness of current trends in the healthcare environment.

Philip Talcott

Master of Health Administration Candidate, 2013

Medical University of South Carolina 

•  09-20-2012, 9:35 PM 9806 in reply to 9789

One of the most valuable benefits of student membership in ACHE is the opportunity to attend Congress in the student track and at the reduced rate.  It is also very helpful to have an awareness of future opportunities within ACHE, such as becoming board certified as a Fellow.  The most valuable benefit of membership is the opportunity to connect with the local ACHE chapter through their events.  My local chapter has featured a couple of events that are relevant to students, such as one coming up in the next couple weeks about career positioning and professional development.  It would be great if the local chapters were more accessible to students so we could meet and connect with healthcare professionals.

Molly Thompson

Grand Valley State University

Master of Health Administration ‘13

•  09-24-2012, 12:40 PM 9812 in reply to 9789

The biggest benefit of ACHE has been meeting other executives and hearing how they got to become an executive.  The networking with other executives has been invaluable.  Being a part of ACHE has also helped me to learn more about how legislative changes are affecting patients.  I have also gotten a broader prospective about other topics such as, policy, health disparity, epidemiology, and Socio Economic Status.

Tranel H. Flowers

Texas Women University

Masters in Health Care Administration, 2013

View as RSS news feed in XML