ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Inbetween Careers

Last post 04-20-2011, 9:44 AM by RMorton. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-14-2011, 3:54 PM 9649

Inbetween Careers

Hi my name is Marquita Yarbrough,

I have a BBA in HCM and is currently pursing my MBA in Healthcare Management as well. I am looking to transition into the healthcare industry and have not had the best of luck. I have over 5 years of experience in Administration but lack the experience needed to obtain a position in the healthcare sector. Would any one happen to have any advice for someone seeking to transition into the Healthcare industry?

Marquita Yarbrough-ACHE Student Associate

Filed under:
  •  04-20-2011, 9:44 AM 9671 in reply to 9649

Re: Inbetween Careers

Dear Marquita,

Here is some "the short of it and the long of it" advice.  Network, especially using the reources of the ACHE chapter  you have joined.  Also, use any resources that your MBA program may offer to support its students in placement.  If  you are attending an online program, go back to the first recommendation and try even harder.  I urge you to learn about networking from the online tutorial that is part of Career Management 101 posted in the careers section of ache.org.  It will provide guidance on how to network effectively.  After reading and listening to it, you should understand that your mesage board request for advice has left out important "information handles"  colleagues need to know to begin to try to assist you including an effective presentation on  the always asked "Tell me about yourself."

View as RSS news feed in XML