ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Taking the Next Step on the Career Ladder

Last post 10-19-2009, 9:38 AM by RMorton. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-08-2009, 1:54 PM 9399

Taking the Next Step on the Career Ladder

Hello everyone,

My name is Mohun Sundar, currently working as an Operations Analyst within Cleveland Clinic's regional hospitals.

I have been a student member of ACHE for 2 years and a full member for 3 years.

At this stage, I am looking to take the next step on my career path to becoming a healthcare executive.

Are there any tips towards making this next step possible beyond networking or resume building exercises?

Thanks for your time in this matter.

Mohun

•  10-19-2009, 9:38 AM 9414 in reply to 9399

Re: Taking the Next Step on the Career Ladder

Mohun,

If you are asking about the next step in such general terms it may be you  have yet to take the first step in career management which is completing a self-analysis so you can identify YOUR own PERSONAL ideal next postion.  There is information posted on ache.org in Career Management 101 Module One that explains the Career Management Cycle.  I urge you to take a look and then do sufficient self-examination to be able to identify fewer than a handful of next job objectives.  Once you have a target in mind you can network effectively to learn about expected competencies, who is an expert who might mentor you and then base your networking around pursuit of specific opportunities.  The Career Anchors assessment can be helpful for this exercise.  Even more thorough and comprehensive is the Career Self-Assessment, both available through ACHE's Healthcare Executive Career Resource Center. 

View as RSS news feed in XML