ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

Online Ph.D Programs

Last post 06-04-2008, 9:32 AM by DBow. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-13-2008, 12:57 PM 7320

Online Ph.D Programs

I was wondering if obtaining a PhD from Capella University in Human Services with a specialization in Healthcare Administration would be a good idea.  My concern is that potential employers may look at the university that the degree was obtained and consider it inferior to other applicants because it is an online program.  Are online programs worth it?  Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

D. Doctor

•  06-02-2008, 8:31 PM 7456 in reply to 7320

Re: Online Ph.D Programs

I have asked that same question but after talking with numerous people the overall belief is that whether you get your degree online or on campus it is pretty much the same.  Online schools are accredited just like their counterparts.
  •  06-03-2008, 10:53 AM 7462 in reply to 7320

I've wondered this myself.  The feedback I've gotten from others varies.  Some online programs have better reputations than others, so it's probably worth doing a little homework before making a commitment.  I'd be interested in any feedback others may have.
  •  06-04-2008, 9:32 AM 7476 in reply to 7462

Conducting research is a must and you must choose wisely.  The internet is such a huge part of today's society I feel that online learning is going to become more and more prevelant.

View as RSS news feed in XML