ACHE Message Boards

Connect with colleagues on this online forum.
Welcome to ACHE Message Boards Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums

What positions best suit me in the C-Suite

Last post 03-25-2013, 4:18 PM by MBroscio. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-20-2013, 12:24 PM 9841

What positions best suit me in the C-Suite

I am a practicing attorney licensed in multiple states for the past eight years. I have done legal work for Doctors, Clinics, Dentists, and other medical entities ranging from Stark issues to joint ventures and other contract and licensing issues.

I have a deep background as a facilities director in the hospitality industry for ten years that includes a background in construction.

I served as a paramedic in the ICU while in the military. This is where my desire to return to healthcare originates. 

I am completing my MHA in the spring and look to transition into C-Suite management in some positon that allows me to best utilize me experience for the benefit of the organization.

Would you all please share with me possible paths that I should pursue.

Thanks ahead of time!

Todd Wright 

•  03-25-2013, 4:18 PM 9842 in reply to 9841

Re: What positions best suit me in the C-Suite

Todd: You have a unique and wide-ranging background. The MHA should help tie it all together. Given that you have not been directly in the healthcare management path, moving directly to a C-suite level job may be a challenge. With that said, you have some interesting experiences to offer such as your work with physicians and facilities mangement. This might position you for a role with a hospital or health system dealing with physician contracts or construction/real estate areas, as well as merger, joint venture/partnership arrangements. Depending on the size of the organization, this might be in a executive legal role specializing in one of these areas or possibly in ageneral counsel role in a smaller organization. There could be non-legal roles in managment that make use of your knowledge of the areas cited. Given the tight market, don't rule out looking at consutling or law firms that focus on the healthcare industry to keep your options open. Visit the Career Services section of www.ache.org for further articles and resources, including our recently updated Job and Resume Bank. Networking is also key and targeting legal professionals in the settings you're focused on will be important. Also look at www.healthlawyer.org as a resource.  Mike Broscio - ACHE Career Services.
View as RSS news feed in XML